- How We Collect and Use Information
We collect the following types of information about you:
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU DIRECTLY:
Registration and Profile Information.
When you create an account, we may collect your personal information such as your username, first and last name, email address, mobile phone number.
Data collected through use of the Service.
After you set up your account, we may ask for other profile and demographic information, such as personal information, and nickname.
We collect your unique user identifier and your location through GPS, WiFi, or wireless network triangulation in order to obtain your location for the purposes of providing our Service in relation to locating your AquaSpy devices in the field relative to your current location. We maintain location information only so long as is reasonable to provide the Service and then delete location data tied to your personal information.
Messages and User Content.
We may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, field health reports, etc, or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not opt-out of Service-related e-mails.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY THROUGH THE USE OF TECHNOLOGY:
When you visit our website or use our mobile app, we and our business partners may collect certain information about your computer or device through technology such as cookies, web beacons, log files, or other tracking/recording tools. The information we collect through the use of tracking technologies includes, but is not limited to, IP address, browser information, referring/exit pages and URLs, click stream data and how you interact with links on the website, mobile app, or Service, domain names, landing pages, page views, cookie data that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, browsing behavior on our site, mobile device type, mobile device IDs or other persistent identifiers, and location data collected from your mobile device. Some or all of this data may be combined with other personally identifying information described above. When you access our Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. We use this information to:
- Remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site or mobile app
- Provide custom, personalized content
- Monitor the effectiveness of our Service and our marketing campaigns
- Monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, users, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our Users or engineers that are associated with certain IP addresses or User IDs, and Automatically update our mobile application on your system and related devices.
We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our Users, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time.
- Sharing of Your Information
We may share your personal information with third parties outside the Company and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates in some circumstances, including:
- We may share your personal information with our third-party business partners, vendors and consultants who perform services on our behalf or who help us provide our Services, such as accounting, managerial, technical, marketing or analytic services. These business partners will be given access to your information as necessary to deliver the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics of our data and may share that anonymized and/or aggregated data with third parties. For example, we may share de-identified location data with third parties that analyze location and movement trends.
- We may at any time buy or sell/divest the company, or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Personal information such as customer names and email addresses, and other user information related to the Service will likely be one of the items transferred in these types of transactions. We may also share, transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions or similar transactions or proceedings.
- How We Protect Your Information
AquaSpy cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Your Choices About Your Information
You may, of course, decline to submit any personal information through the Service, in which case AquaSpy may not be able to provide its Services to you.
Modifying Your Account Information and Settings:
You may modify your account information, update or amend your personal information, or change your password at any time by logging in to your account. If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delete Your Account and Personal Information:
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Children’s Privacy
Only persons age 16 or older have permission to access our Service. Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”).
We do not use information collected from the accounts of children under 13 for marketing purposes, or permit our third party partners to collect and use such information for advertising purposes. If you believe that we might have inadvertently collected information from a child under 13 without parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your obligation as user
You will respect all intellectual property rights of AquaSpy and any third parties relating to the content on any of the Services provided through any of our products (for example, photographs and newsletters). You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your login information, including any passwords and usernames. At no time will we require you to transmit your password information to us via email. Should you receive any such requests, please contact us to authenticate such inquiry before responding to the same.
- Your California Privacy Rights
13230 Evening Creek Dr, Suite 220
San Diego, CA 92128
Alternatively, you may send us an email at email@example.com. with the words “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line.
- How to Contact Us
13230 Evening Creek Dr, Suite 220
San Diego, CA 92128